Hours for this position are Monday - Friday 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Partners In Recovery provides intensive outpatient substance use disorder therapy in a RNR model, specializing in addressing criminogenic behaviors. Duties comprise of group and individual counseling, assessment, treatment plan creation and review, progress notes and maintaining communication with referring agents/probation for increased client outcomes.
Responsible to ensure and/or deliver and properly document the provision of treatment services including the Initial Service Plan, Comprehensive Assessment, Individual Treatment Plan, Progress Notes, Summary at Termination of Services, Continuing Care Plan, and the maintenance of client records. Understands all of Partners In Recovery processes as pertain to the 12 core functions.
• Gain understanding of all Partners In Recovery processes as they pertain to the 12 core functions.
• Upon service initiation, ensure that each client has an initial service plan which addresses the client’s immediate health, safety, and preliminary service needs.
• Complete a comprehensive assessment and an assessment summary of the client's substance use problems utilizing the ASAM Six Dimensions prior to service initiation. If Summary not completed document the client-centered reason why not and when it will be completed.
• Generate an Individual Treatment Plan after completion of the comprehensive assessment which is subject to amendment until services to the client are terminated. The individual treatment plan must include treatment goals, objectives and interventions used to address identified problems, resources to which the client is being referred, and client goals.
• Enter progress notes in each client’s file weekly or after each treatment service. The progress notes must reference the individual treatment plan.
• Complete a discharge summary within five days of the client’s termination of services.
• Ensure the content and format of client records be uniform and entries in each case are signed and dated.
• Provide individual and group counseling, client education strategies to avoid inappropriate chemical use and health problems related to chemical use, transition services, and services to address issues related to co-occurring mental illness.
• Lead client education lecture classes and groups as required.
• Participate in the weekly treatment team meetings to review and update client progress notes.
• Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with client referral, probation, social service agencies, etc.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above list reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle and essential functions of the position and shall not be construed as the only duties that may be assigned for the position.
• 18 years of age
• Must be free of substance use problems for at least the two years immediately preceding hire
• Must have or obtain 12 hours of training in co-occurring mental health problems training within six months of hire
• Ability to provide individual and group counseling including crisis intervention.
• Must be licensed as an LADC
• Must document competence in screening for and working with clients with mental health problems, through education, training, and experience
• Ensure 5 years compliance with MN Statutes 604.20, 604.205 sexual exploitation
• Knowledge and understanding of implications of 245G
• Successfully complete MN Department of Human Services background study
CONTINUED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Stay current regarding professional research, techniques, etc.
• Complete continuing education courses in current treatment concepts and methods as required by the State of Minnesota to maintain Alcohol and Drug Counselor license.
• Attend in-house training and staff meetings.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 required
· Knowledge of ProCentive software program preferred