MORAL RECONATION THERAPY “MRT”
Moral Reconation Therapy is a branch of Risk-Need-Responsivity Programming that addresses cognitive reasoning in the process of making decisions.
MRT is structured around 16 steps that focus on 7 main issues:
- Beliefs, attitudes and behavior
- Assessment of current relationships
- Reinforcement of positive behavior and habits
- Positive identity formation
- Enhancement of self-concept
- Decrease in hedonism (pleasure vs. pain) and development of frustration tolerance
- Development of higher stages of moral reasoning
MRT is conducted in groups and are administered by MRT-Certified facilitators.
Research on MRT has shown that as clients pass steps, moral reasoning increases and participants have lower recidivism rates.
Our Intensive Outpatient Programs offer up to 30 hours of in person programming each week. 80% of programming is evidence based and includes Decision Points, Trauma, Anger Management, Illness Management & Recovery (IMR) and Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)